I am still reading The Miracle Worker. William Gibson wrote this book. I am on page 65 and in act two.
This book is about Helen Keller, but I think the main character now is Annie Sullivan. Annie came in the book around the tenth page. She came to help Helen and try to teach her manners. So far when she first came she gave Helen a doll and spelled doll in he hand using sign language in her hand so she can feel what it looks like. Helen repeats right back to Annie, but when Annie takes the doll away from Helen. she starts screaming and Annie wants Helen to repeat the word again..That doesn't happen. Helen throws a fit. She starts screaming and she takes the key from the room and locks Annie in. Oh and I forgot to mention that Annie is kind of blind. She has had surgery on her eyes before, but she still can't see very well. So Annie has no idea where Helen is going. But Annie hears a locking sound on the door and now she knows that Helen has locked her in. Helen just walks away from the room like nothing has happened. I don't understand though, Annie starts yelling for Helen to come back, but Helen is not able to hear this, so what is the point of yelling. Well, maybe so Kate (Helen's Mom) can hear Annie and see what's going on. I'm not sure. So eventually Annie gets out, climbing out of the window, but she gets out. Then it just keeps going on how Annie tries to teach Helen a word, then she gets upset, then leaves. Helen is learning though, well I think so.
I like this book. It teaches me what has happened in the past and how to fix that problem if it ever comes up. I'm still not liking how it's set up and how it's like a play, but if you wanted to act it out you could. Very easily. The other wrote this to of course, make money, but also teach what's its like to be the teacher of child that is not likely to learn. Also maybe so people can act this out in the future if they already have not.
I think the theme in this book is think the impossible. Helen's mom doesn't think Helen will even learn how to do anything. Annie has another side. She thinks it can be done, with a lot of hard work.
I think the best character is Annie, not just because she is the main character, but because I feel like she teaches you a lesson just like my theme is. Think the impossible. She hasn't really grown yet, but changed her habits on how to help Helen. You can tell she really wants Helen to learn. I don't think she is doing it for the money, but to help Helen in the everyday needs.
I don't think there are really any quotations is this book, if there were they didn't really interest me. No questions so far about this book. Everything is crystal clear.
No comments:
Post a Comment